We are the group formally known as No Place for Hate (NPFH) – Lansdowne. Lansdowne was one of only two places in the state of Pennsylvania that were NPFH communities. The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) is no longer granting towns this title because their focus has moved to schools.
We felt that as communities become more disconnected we need a way for neighbors to come together and get to know each other in a safe, caring environment. We will celebrate, honor, and embrace the gifts we all bring to this planet. It does take a village to create a community. We hope you will join us with our mission as we start in our small corner of the world.
“Diversity Project enables communities to challenge racism, sexism, homophobia, hatred, discrimination, stigmatization and bigotry in all forms. Diversity Project is an organization that uses an innovative and powerful method for reducing prejudice and discrimination, increasing appreciation for diversity and building communities of respect.”
We Believe in:
- Creating safe spaces, which allow for open dialogues
- Building community connections by bringing diverse populations together
- Creating teamwork and pride among our communities
- Empowering all to express their gifts and talents
- Bringing together resources that will benefit community members
- Finding ways to bring people together even if they might not otherwise come together. We can all find ways to work on common goals
- Receiving constructive criticism and valuing feedback. This is how we will grow and improve
- Empowering our young people to find their voice and use it for the greater good of all of humanity
- Recognizing leaders in our communities who carry out this mission of creating unity
Some of the things we do…
Cultural/Diversity Events; Bully Prevention/Teen Programs; Community Outreach Education; Mediation Resources; Anti-Violence Education; Mental Health/Addiction Awareness; Creating Caring Communities in Schools; Speaking Events